Historic Hampton Inc.
The mission of Historic Hampton, Incorporated is to promote directly the historical, scientific, educational and interpretive activities of the Hampton National Historic Site and to accept gifts, contributions, or loans and otherwise engage in fundraising to finance and pay for the above mentioned activities in respect to which no funds from the Federal Government or other sources are available.
Since 1979, Historic Hampton, Inc. has helped to supplement the programs provided by the National Park Service (NPS) at Hampton National Historic Site (HNHS). The Site includes the Ridgely family home, which is also known as the Hampton Mansion. Also on the property are the original Farmhouse which predates the Mansion, the Slave Quarters, two 19th century stables, the family burial ground, formal gardens, and the Orangery, along with various other outbuildings.
The National Park Service’s Visitors’ Center is located in the west hyphen of the Mansion, which is open for tours daily during the summer months, and on limited days during the winter months. Please call the NPS Visitors’ Center directly to check which days they are open: 410-823-1309, x-251. For information on tours or special events, such as the Second Sunday Programs which are a series of free family activities offered the 2nd Sunday of every month, check: HHI’s Activities page, the NPS website at www.nps.gov/hamp, or the NPS Visitors’ Center at 410-823-1309, x-251.